Having been "tagged" with a meme once before, I played along, not quite sure what it was all about. Well, it happened again today when I opened a message from the Bare Bones Gardener blog.
So, right to Google go I and found this from Chris Garret's blog: "In science, a Meme (pronounced to rhyme with “theme”) is a self-propagating unit of thought that is spread from one host to another. Richard Dawkins invented the term as a kind of idea-gene. Like genes, as Memes spread they mutate or die."
Chris continues: "For bloggers Memes have become synonymous with internet quizzes, surveys, and novelties that people link to and pass around on their blogs, forums and via email, things like the “which superhero are you most like” test." The real reason for a meme, though, is to proliferate one's blog and connect with lots of other bloggers. We LIVE to know we're being read, so it's a lot of ego gratification. Never one to turn down a few good connections, here we go.
Bare Bones meme asks recipients to list 8 (why 8?) things we're happy about, then link to 8 other bloggers... (in no particular order)
8) We'll have a new president soon.
7) My wife and son are healthy and love me back.
6) I live in Santa Barbara CA, and though I can't afford to own a home in this high priced paradise, life is good.
5) I'm seriously thinking of retiring and starting a new career - it's very exciting after 20 years at the same job.
4) I'm still actively playing drums with an incredible band (King Bee)and getting my rocks off in the process.
3) The gardens I've designed change peoples' lives
2) My car works
1) I'm happy with who I am and the people I have in my life
So here are the great eight...please help keep this in motion.
Growing a Garden In Davis
A Study In Contrasts
Gardening While Intoxicated
Golden Gecko in the Sierras
The Diva Tales
Craig Smith's Blog