Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From California to Chicago and Back

A few months ago I received a call from Elyse Umlauf, a writer and editor working from Chicago. In addition to her freelance work, she's written a book about the design and improvement of commercial spaces.

It took a moment for all my synapses to connect around the reason for her call. Follow me - this Chicago writer found me through my blog in Santa Barbara, because she needed to interview me for a story regarding sustainable landscaping in California for a Los Angeles realtor - whew!

Thanks to the magic of electronic communications, the information traveled about 6000 miles from Chi-town to the left coast, back to the Great Lakes, and on to LA, all without leaving a discernable carbon foot print (Elyse gained a few brownie points from Al Gore in the process). How green is that? I was glad to oblige and pontificated in my usual style. I even received a link from her article to my TV show and this blog.

Thought you might want to check it out. I think it's mighty cool.

3 comments:

Mother Nature said...

Congratulations!

Claude said...

hey I know a celbrity! Well, I kind of know you, in a round a bout way, and that's close enough to start name dropping like crazy....



but seriously, congratulations...

kate smudges said...

I enjoyed the article - good tips no matter where you live (even if it is way up in the frozen north).

Your edhat article on growing your own cocktail ingredients was great fun. I'm trying to imagine adding a few cows to my garden, although I'd run into the same problems with the city!