Sunday, January 11, 2009

Citrus & Aloe

Citrus & Aloe
Originally uploaded by gardenwiseguy

This cluster of aloe flowers caught my eye while I was researching a garden for an article. I don't know the aloe species, but the background is a navel orange. Wonderful how these serendipitous moments arrive while I've got my camera and my wits about me.

Click the photo for more shots at my site.


Claude said...

just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the help IDing the tree... I really appreciate it.

Chiot's Run said...


The Garden Faerie said...

Funny... Bek and I were just talking about we'd never seen an aloe in flower and -presto!- there's one right here!

Country Gardener said...

Great shot!

Aiyana said...

Wonderful shot. I love those two colors together, at least in this photo. I doubt I'd combine the two in clothes!

EAL said...

This is actually the 2nd aloe in bloom post I've read today. Must be a winter CA thing.

Shirley Bovshow "EdenMaker" said...

Just saying "hi" Billy!

Catherine said...

It is eye~catching! And a brilliant capture!:)
Glad I happened upon your blog!

kate smudges said...

The colour combination is fabulous ~ love the Aloe ... yummy ~ great pic Billy!