Monday, November 10, 2008

Eye Tuning

Originally uploaded by gardenwiseguy

I'm learning that photographing plants is all about framing and light. My early morning walks with Biff the Wonder Spaniel (and his amazing patience while I compose) have sharpened my eye. This massive planting and "killer combo" is part of a garden I walk past every week. This time I, camera in hand, I saw it anew.


Sheila said...

Beautiful picture!

JamesA-S said...

That is some sort of Edward Scissorhands/Texas Chainsaw Massacre/Exotic plants combo. Good picture.

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

What great textures you have caught in your photograph.

Garden Wise Guy said...

Jamesa-s: Love the Scissorhands reference. They to look a bit hostile. At least the agave is one of the monsterously toothed varieties.

Thanks for stopping

Ross said...


My first thought is how soft it looks - which is strange, as none of those plants are all that soft?