Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stay Classy Santa Barbara


I'm posting this upbeat, gushing article about the beauty of Santa Barbara as an advanced karmic vaccination for the likely effect of my next post, two weeks hence. That will be my annual Santa Barbara Not So Beautiful Awards, where I shine a snarky, searing light on the boneheaded things people do in the name of horticulture.

I always catch some heat from the "look for the good and praise it" crowd. Yes, I've heard the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," but I don't live in Smurfville, and I DO get a lot of entertainment and educational mileage out of looking for bad examples and poking at them.

In the meantime, I'm posting this gallery of enchanting imagery to prove that I don't just walk around looking for warts and blemishes, when it's obvious that we're blessed with a bounty of beauty that is Santa Barbara. Perhaps by shining a golden light on the vignettes that thrill me, you'll see that I'm not just a one- dimensional curmudgeon flailing his shillaly in the darkness.

Enjoy the beauty of Santa Barbara with one quick click.

3 comments:

natertots11 said...

I am a huge Psych fan and I have always thought Santa Barbara would be an awesome place to live because of how pretty it is. Looks like a very fun place to be.

Nate Armstrong

Christybeth1 said...

HI Billy, I just bestowed your blog with a Liebster Award. You deserve it. Keep on writing such great stuff.

Christy Wilhelmi
www.gardenerd.com

Jack said...

Santa Barbara is always incredibly classy and also incredibly green if I might add! I just went hiking a few weeks ago there on a mini vacation and I couldn't get over the lush greenery! So striking! Later on this summer will be a prime time for me and my family when we are able to go back. You have a great blog though, really informative! I just have to mention this awesome hotel I just discovered a few weeks back-the Sandman Inn (www.thesandmaninn.com). Inexpensive and always readily available!