Friday, October 9, 2009

Can Coyote Pee Repel Zombies In The Garden?


Once again, my inner 3rd grader was on the loose, interviewing a rep for an unusual product at the Garden Writers Association symposium in Raleigh, NC a few weeks ago. The full article and video are at my Fine Gardening blog. Here's a teaser...

"I stifled a giggle as I approached Ronald Boyce, an actual scientist who works for Shake-Away Animal Repellant, developed as the humane and environmentally safe way to repel deer, woodchucks, armadillos, skunks and other unwanted garden visitors. They use coyote and wolf urine to keep four-legged pests out of the pea patch...

I couldn’t contain myself. Tapping into my hard-hitting Kathy Lee Crosby journalistic instincts, I peppered him with probing questions. "How do you get them to pee on demand? Do they prefer Miller Lite or Stella Artois? Who follows them around with the specimen cup? Would Shake-Away prevent zombie invasions?"



Video blog link!

3 comments:

Chloe m said...

Lol.
Rosey

Chiot's Run said...

Perhaps I could get a pet coyote to keep in the garden to scare away the deer/rabbits/woodchucks. Then I could harvest some lettuce/beets/cabbage.

Natural and Safe said...

I'm not sure if I would use the coyote pee, but I would definitely use this product for the insects and fungal diseases. It is natural and effective.